A lot of times, jealousy, which is a form of stress can come from hormonal imbalance. When you find yourself feeling irrationally angry or unable to control your emotions, it could be from an imbalance caused by certain hormones usually due to poor nutrition.
However, there is a difference between eating right and emotional eating. Emotional eating causes you to pick food which is high in trans fat and saturated fat, which, studies have found, increase depression. Poor nutrition affects our cognitive ability. Likewise, if you have lost your appetite, your cognitive abilities will once again be sluggish and you’ll be in a bad mood.
Keeping good nutrition is extremely important because your diet affects your physical and mental abilities. It’s not that difficult to maintain, since your diet can be controlled only by making good choices. Keeping a healthy diet will improve your immune system and reduce the chances of long term diseases. Keep a checklist of foods which you want to consume every week and include it in your grocery list and consciously exclude boxed snacks and chips or foods which are high in salt or sugar.
In order to keep track of your diet, maintain the following tips:
- Include all food groups in your diet, including carbohydrates and healthy fats.
- Avoid the diets which ask you to exclude whole food groups. Your diet should consist of long term changes so that you can maintain it for the rest of your life.
- Limit the number of chips, biscuits or foods which are rich in trans fat. Instead, eat 5 small meals a day which includes snacks made from fresh and healthy ingredients.
- Drink lots of water to keep your body functioning. Having less water will cause your body to process your food less efficiently and it will make you feel tired and groggy.
- Include healthy fats in your diet such as nuts and healthy oils. Fats are important in maintaining your body and it will also make you look healthy instead of starved and malnourished.