A good way to overcome jealousy is by letting others know about your feelings. Telling your loved ones such as friends or family can be a powerful tool to overcoming jealousy. You friends and family offer a third party’s opinion of the situation and can help you keep track of the issue. Also telling them your feelings will help release the burden and will give you an outlet to vent your feelings.
Using them as an outlet for your jealous emotions in a productive way will help you get a realistic grasp of the situation. Your loved ones definitely have your best interests at heart so they will help you take steps in the right direction and encourage you through out your journey. Moreover, they are going to counsel you into taking the right decisions and support you so that you know you are not facing your troubles alone. They can also help distract you or get your mind off your issues and you’ll have other things to think about for a change.
If you want to get the most out of talking with your friends and family, use the steps below:
- Call them up so that they can give you time which is convenient for both you and them.
- Create a relaxed setting with food and drinks or music if necessary to alleviate the stress.
- Tell them openly about your issues and ask them for their honest opinion.
- If you feel like crying helps, then feel free to do so.
- Take their feedback seriously, and if they suggest guidance, then follow it sincerely.