There are things you need to ascertain in order to become less jealous and consequently be
a jealousy free individual.
Many people are found to be jealous. There are many methods that are used to overcome
this phenomenon. Nevertheless they are of no use if you don’t recognize the problem and
accept that you have a problem.
There are certain questions you have to answer to prior using any techniques in order to be
jealousy free. These are:
1. Do you recognize that you have jealousy?
2. Are you willing to get rid of your jealousy?
3. Do you think you are the only one responsible in that process in overcoming your
4. Do you blade others for you being jealous or not?
5. What are the reasons why you are jealous?
6. Are you willing to control your reactions towards your jealousy tendency?
7. Do you decide to be jealousy free?
Unless you answer yes to these questions (except question 4) you cannot reduce your
jealousy. You have to admit first that you are jealous. Then, you identify all the reasons why
you are jealous.
There are different types of jealousy.
1. Romantic jealousy: this the jealousy where a spouse or partner is afraid of losing his
or her soul mate.
2. The power or work jealousy: here you are jealousy of your colleagues because of
missed promotions, higher salaries and many others.
3. Friend jealousy: directed towards a friend. The reasons here are so many and listed
them will not help.
4. Family jealousy: arisen between brothers and sisters.
5. Abnormal jealousy: that reaches a point of paranoia and lead to abnormal and
You will certainly fall among one or two of this. Not all jealousy is handling the same way.
Also they are not comparable.
Saying that you are jealous and that you want to get rid of it is not sufficient. The answers to those questions help you focus. Besides, they are like a reminder of where you are and what you have to do. It is always important to diagnose a problem unless the time you’ll take to cure will ineffective and longer for nothing.
You can even do the test alone in your room. Perhaps there are certain things you find difficult to claim out about yourself. Don’t be ashamed or frustrated. Do it yourself and remember always admit the truth to yourself.